Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
On January 1st, 2009 I started taking photos every day. Some days it only a few other days it's more. BUT it has to be one a day. These are a few of my favourites thus far. Some days it's hard to pick one. I joined a group on flickr that we have to take a photo a day. It's been fun. It's making me use all of my glass. I've been having a lot of fun playing with my 100mm macro.
Today Bryan and I went to Niagara Falls so I could go to a green house there to get my maco fix in for the day. It was above zero today and the sun was out. Here is a picture of Niagara Falls in all it's winter glory. Lynette you thought it was cold in October. =) Just look at that ice now. But I must say I think it's stunning.
The other day I was desperate to take some maco photos. Hard to do on a winter day when the snow blows. So I took some of my old dusty dried flowers. I must say I didn't mind how they turned out.
This lily was taken today at the green house I have many shots of these.
My African violet.
These swan and ducks were taken this past week. I went out on another sunny day. Much cooler that day but still it was fun to get out for a while. I'm expanding my horizons.
Saturday I picked up a few fresh flowers to enjoy the beauty in my home and I needed something to take photos of. I love the details of a Gerbera daisy. Amazing what a macro lens can pick up.
Another dusty photo of my dried flowers. Again the maco get even the details you don't want. Ha!
Another maco of the gerbera daisy.
So there you have some of my photos that past few weeks. I will add more soon along with more from Los Cabos. Enjoy your day.

8 comments:
Woh! I am having a hard time following your photos. The photos and text are scrambled in that the photos are up the top and the text is down the bottom and I have to match them up!
Is that Niagra Falls iced over? Holy Crap! haaah!
Love your photos. =D
Grrrr! I'm sorry. It's all lined up on my computer. I'm not sure how to fix it if it looks okay on my end.
Yes that is Niagara falls iced over.
I think you are doing a fabulous job doing a photo a day. I think at some point I will try my hand at it.
Janette I have found that with blogger I load all my photos and then go back and add the text later.
Jumbled for me too but the photos are very beautiful. You'll have try Melinda's tip so that we know what in the heck you're talking about! Ha
This is so frustrating b/c I loaded the photos first and then added the Text like Melinda does. Blogger you are a pain in the butt. Sorry girls but I don't know how to fix this. I hate to delete the photos. They take too long to upload again.
Gorgeous photos, I want a macro!
oh, my janette! I have missed you!
great photos.. you are teasing me with those gorgeous flowers. I am really wanting to escape somewhere warm.. so sick of the cold and snow!
hope you're doing well!!
absolutely stunning janette
Post a Comment